Way To Many Movies

I want to give some big important reason why I didn't get on yesterday for a blog. You know something like a big super bowl party or a family vacation or something. But I must be honest I slept all day. So yeah I woke up about 2:30 this afternoon people had already come and seen my parents and I was just passed out cold on my chair. I was so tired the night before I didn't even make it to the bedroom haha. I didn't do what most people did yesterday there was no super bowl for me, I didn't even know it was today until my dad went down to watch it haha. I know huge crime but lately I have really been into movies and if it doesn't have to do with books or movies I'm not interested. Sorry not sorry hahaha.
So I thought because of this movie phase that I am in I will give you my top ten movies at this exact moment. Just know it changes constantly so don't be surprised if I am asked this or do another list like this and everything is different.

10: Suicide Squad.
Now this one is new for me I know it came out a while ago but there were some turn offs. First of all anyone who knows me knows I'm a die heart Heath Ledger fan and this was the first movie joker since him and I had my doubts. Second I was worried that it was just way to dark, the first advertisement just made it have a kind of depressed mood to it so I was afraid it was one of those kind of movies. Don't get me wrong I love dark just not so dark that there is nothing colorful and enjoyable about it. Lastly I didn't understand the concept, I love recent superhero movies and TV shows but I don't read the comics so when this came out I didn't understand why they would use bad guys instead of good when all they would do is turn on you. So what changed my mind two things honestly the music video for the song Heathens by twenty one pilots I absolutely love that song and the music video kind of showed the fun side of the film that had me intrigued. Second because of that song I started checking out the other trailers for it and saw it was more fun then I thought so once I saw it on my favorite movies site I decided why not and watched it. I wasn't disappointed!

9: Watcher In The Woods.
Now this is a very old one back in the 70's I believe and as a child I had watched it a few times but I was kind of a wimp as a child and it scared me so I refused to watch it. well the same as Suicide Squad and most of the movies on here it came on to my favorite movie sight and I decided to give it a go. It stars Bette Davis as an old women who years ago lost her daughter in a weird tragic accident. But no body was ever foung leaving her to believe that her daughter may not have died that night. After a family with two daughters one the age of Bette Davis's daughter the other younger move into the house strange occurrences begin to happen as they try to figure out what really happened that night and what is watching them from the woods. It is a tad freaky but not to bad and is a lot of fun to watch with the whole family tonight my mom and I are going to watch it together for the first time in like probably ten years and I am super excited!

8: Something Wicked This Way Comes.
What can I say I am a sucker for old movies and Ray Bradbury author of one of my other favorite book to movie adaptations that won't be listed here Halloween Tree. This one is about two young boys one who is a child of older parents his dad feeling as though he staring death right into the face and is going through mourning of his own existence. The other the son of a single mother his father disappeared from the town to go on adventures but never even sends a letter to his boy. One October night the boys hear a train and discover a carnival run by a man who's last name is Dark. Weird things begin to happen to the adults in this town leaving the two boys to try to figure out how to stop this evil carnival before it is too late and all the adults are under his spell. This is another of the darker Disney classics but defiantly a fun adventure through and through.

7: Blue Lagoon: The Awakening.
This is not the one with nudity just fyi. I am not one too shy away from movies with nudity I know I'm a bad girl haha but this is the made for TV movie. If you are into this sort of stuff then be sure to check out the original just be aware that there is nudity in it. The reason I like this one better is because first I have a super big crush on the main guy Brenton Thwaites second the kids weren't raised on the island so things don't come as easy to them as the other ones where the island is their home. So in this version a straight A student Emma and trouble making boy Dean only have one thing in common at the moment they are both headed on a school service project to the dismay of Dean. One night all the students on this project decide to sneak out of their hotel and go on a boat party. Problem illegal drugs and border control, Emma gets pushed off the boat and Dean goes in to save her and they end up stranded in a dingy. With family out their looking for them Dean and Emma must learn to live on a desert island without giving up hope that they will in fact one day be found. If you want a sweet, romance then I defiantly say check this one out for a good time!

6: Last House On The Left.
I have to have my horror movies don't I. This one is not for those of faint heart or who don't like swearing or blood. I know I'm a horrible person but just bare with me on this. Also for those who know these movies I am talking about the 2009 version the old one honestly bored me to tears. So this movie is about a family recently struck with tragedy and not sure how to move on Emma the mom, John the dad and their daughter Mari. They are a high class family Emma I think works as either a teacher or in the office of a school, John is a doctor and Mari is on her schools swim team. As summer arrives they decided to go to their other house near a lake for some R&R when everything goes wrong. Mari wants to visit a friend she hasn't seen in a long time and even though Emma is reluctant John gives Mari the car keys with the promise of him and his wife having the evening to themselves. With her friend Paige they meet Justin who invites them back to his hotel room to smoke some drugs with him thinking his criminal father, father's girlfriend and uncle to be gone for the night. Well he is wrong and they return to find the girls there. His father being a wanted criminal doesn't want anyone around who may recognize him so they steal Mari's car and drive out pretty close to where Mari's family is staying. After the murder of Paige and the rape and murder of Mari the criminals find refuge from a storm only to discover that the house they are in is Mari's. Soon her parent's come to discover who is staying in their guest house. Now from all I have explained if you don't understand this is a very intense movie well I'm sorry but you have been warned.

5: Evil Dead.
Again talking about the remakes here fellas. So this is my last straight up horror movie on the list because even though I love horror movies they are usually a one time watch for me. This is a remake of a cult classic about five young adults trying to help one of their own get off of drugs since she has already clinically died from an overdose once by bringing her up too a cabin to get clean cold turkey. The group consist of her brother David, his girlfriend Natalie, her friend Olivia, her friend Eric and herself Mia. After getting off the drugs she starts to notice something is wrong with this cabin there is a putrid smell and she feels as though she is being watched. Downstairs in the basement it is as if there had been some kind of ritual and Eric finds a book and against his better judgement reads it realizing something from the book. In a fit of stress she tries to get someone to take her home but they refuse and she steals one of their cars, but while driving a figure appears in front of the car making her crash into a lake. There she is taken over by the evil spirit from the book, and now no one is safe. As the storm floods the road and the ghost seemingly being contagious it is a fight to not only stay alive but to not become one of them. Again this is strong subject matter and is not recommended for those who don't like that sort of thing and trust me I totally get it horror is not for everyone it just happens to be for me.

4: License To Wed.
This rom-com is one of the cutest staring Mandy Moore and the late great Robin Williams. After Sadie Jones get's engaged to her boyfriend Ben Murphy they decide to get married in the church where Sadie's parents got married. Only catch? The reverend of the church Robin Williams' reverend Frank has one condition to be wed in the church they must go through his wedding classes to make sure they are a suitable match. That isn't to bad right....well they only have three weeks until they say I do. Between Frank's crazy methods and Ben's uncomfortableness with the whole thing his and Sadie's relationship begins to hit the rocks....but is reverend Frank all he seems because he may have secrets that could destroy him. You want a lighthearted romance that just makes you realize what a gift Robin Williams was too the world I highly recommend that you watch License To Wed!

3: Clueless.
Now I have to admit with this one I wasn't really that excited to watch it...I mean it's about a bunch of rich snobs who basically try to turn a sweet girl into one of them I didn't find that interesting. However that particular day I was catching up on as many rom-coms that I could find and this was one of them. Boy was I surprised at how endearing the snob actually was. Her name is Cher and she lives with her dad a bigshot kind of scary lawyer her mom died when she was a baby so she never really knew her. After her stepbrother Josh comes for a visit and calls her spoiled she decides to prove him wrong by taking sweet new student Tai played by the late Brittany Murphy under her wing turning her from a nobody into a popular. Only when Tai starts treating her like crap she realizes she may not have helped she may have only created a monster. Fun rom-coms are the best so if you want a good laugh with a really sweet warm feeling ending Clueless is the movie for you!

2: 10 Things I Hate About You.
It was really hard for me to choose between this one and my actual number one on my list but the only reason this one was beaten out is the meaning the number one has for me. So this movie stars Julie Stiles and the great late Heath Ledger as Kat and Patrick. Kat is from a rich family her mom walked out on her a while back, her dad refuses to let her and her sister date and her sister Blanca is one of those practically perfect in everyway popular girls. When new student Cameron wants to ask Blanca out he is informed of a new house rule that she could only date when her sister Kat dates, Problem, no one can stand Kat she is the most dramatic, feisty, angry girl in the high school. Desperate to ask Blanca out Cameron tricks a fellow student who also wants Blanca to pay bad boy Patrick to take out Kat so that Blanca can date. Patrick accepts when the price is right thinking his good looks will be enough to win the girl but not Kat. Now it's up to Patrick, Cameron and Cameron's friend Michael with a little help from Blanca to figure out what makes Kat tick. All seems to be falling into place until to Patrick's horror he realizes he is falling in love with Kat which isn't part of the plan. Like one of my other favorite movies that just barely didn't make it on the list She's The Man. This is a modern day retailing of a Shakespeare classic Taming Of The Shrew. It's hard to know that Heath Ledger who does so well in this movie doesn't have many titles to his name before his tragic death but this has to be one of my favorites.

1: Cinderella
Yes cliché I know but honestly the story of Cinderella has always been my favorite. It is hard for me to decide which adaptation is my favorite but for this list although every Cinderella Story and retailing I have watched I love it's going to have to be Disney's Cinderella 2015. Confession time last week was the first time I ever saw it...what with how much I love Cinderella how could that be? Well I was scared it was going to ruin everything, other then Little Mermaid Cinderella was the best Disney movie for me as a kid. I don't mind watching different takes and Cinderella stories but this one was best entirely off of the Disney classic but man had I been missing out. If you don't know the story of Cinderella I have no idea where you have been hiding all these years but go get a Cinderella movie right now and watch it. This one has a great cast and the storyline really keeps you involved wanting to know if Ella AKA Cinderella gets her prince. The visuals are stunning, there is a lot of humor and her blue dress WOW So beautiful!!!!! If you haven't seen this and you are at all interested in the story of Cinderella go watch it for me please you will not be disappointed.

Well that's it man that was hard I am such a movie lover I could go on and on for hours. No news really today about anything I go to the doctor tomorrow so maybe I will get some answers that will help me get back to work. Thank you all for your continuous support I love you all until next time!!!!

Comments

  1. I love the new look and the way you can navigate around your pages.....good job:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

My Thoughts On School