Once There Was A Book Girl

So one of my best friend's saw my album about how I became an author and said I should make a more descriptive blog explaining how I became a book girl! So this is my story but it starts a long time before I was born so sorry if this is long but lets get started!!!
This is my grandma and grandpa Stillman and they are the reason I am where I am today. Well of course they met if it wasn't for them, my mom wouldn't exist and I wouldn't exist. But they helped in more ways then just that.
So this is how I remember my grandpa (well as well as I remember him he passed when I was two) Him and grandma babysat my brother and I while our parents worked. My grandpa was really attached so he didn't want us to go to preschool so he become our preschool. Which in the long run was probably the best thing. Because what we didn't know until much later is that I had a learning disability called dyslexia and, his one on one attention to teach me my numbers and letters helped me learn them way faster then I ever would have at school.
This is the way I remember my grandma my grandpa passed in 1997 and she has always had health problems. So since my family moved into their house she lived in our basement. A furnished basement we aren't animals hahahahaha. Anyway she was probably the most helpful! She was always good at English and I would kill to have her handwriting or as she called it (penmanship). She knew that I was having problems as school started with not mixing up my words but I loved telling stories. So I honestly think she knew one day I would be some kind of storyteller. So every night she would have me come down stairs with her and we would read. We would read first picture books and then kids first chapter books the one that really sticks in my head is the junie b jones books reading them are some of the best memories
The other two people I have to thank are my amazing parents always supportive, dealing with my dumb ideas. Hearing about more books then will ever see the light of day. For being my friends and for taking me as I am a crazy writer. Also my mom is a big reader as well so my love of books increased with her!!!!
Now lets jump back and time and see how books have always been a huge part of my life!
I was probably about two or younger in this picture because this was in our old apartment. Of course I couldn't read at this age but I absolutely loved looking at books. I loved the feel of them, I loved the way they made me feel grown up and of course the pictures!!!!
Our parents always wanted us to experience books so we had story time every night and it was the best way for both of us to fall asleep. I am also just throwing this out there my brother is a reader too! Also for those who noticed yes my dad once had hair hahahahaha!
This is just one picture but I loved reading with my cousins my older cousins like in the picture above would read to me. When my younger cousins came along I read to them, being an youngest child I had to have someone younger to read to haha!
Okay I know this is not a picture of me but trust me it has everything to do with me being an author. Right before I went into junior high this movie came out, I had been crazy obsessed with Annasophia Robb since I saw her in Because of Winne-Dixie. Because I had read the book and thought Annasophia was the perfect Opal. I had been obsessed with Josh Hutcherson (and had a crush on him) since Zathura so it was the perfect cast. I won't spoil it although if you haven't seen it, you sure are taking long enough haha. Anyway it became my favorite movie even if it makes me cry every time I watched it and then it clicked. I wanted to do that I wanted to make people feel the way I felt about Bridge To Terabithia, not sad exactly I just wanted them to feel something so I found a notebook and my journey.
Now I know later I have pictures of me holding Twilight but this is a super important event in my life. I remember it like it was yesterday other then the fact that I can't name the exact date. It was the day before seventh grade started I was getting everything packed in my binder and man I was nervous. My mom had bought the whole Twilight saga a while before but I don't know I just didn't want to read them I was still into younger kid books my favorite being Fablehaven (Still one of my favorites). About a week before this day my brothers friend or girlfriend I'm not quiet sure what they were exactly, anyway she asked while she was over to look at the last book of the saga cause she only had like a chapter left. I asked her if it was any good and she told me I had to read it. So after I packed my binder I wanted to do anything I could to get my mind off of school tomorrow so I took Twilight off the shelf and that was it I was hooked I finished them all before the second semester. So why is this important? Well it made me realize I liked romance and my books turned into fantasy romance that I still write to this day!

I loved sharing my books with my friends and get their feed backs this is a life long friend and I use to spend as much time with her and my other life long friend who I unfortunately don't have pictured here. I would picture her but these are about my writing not about my life really.

From Then on books became my life if I wasn't writing I was reading!




















So that's me and how I became an author again I am so sorry it was such a long blog I just thought you would be interested to know where my love for books came from. Until next time I love you all!!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

My Thoughts On School