What An Adventure

As you all should know by now my dad had a successful liver transplant. Here is the story about our incredible adventure. So starting on the fifteenth of September my dad began to get weak. He had a hard time since we were in Murray for tests. We went out to Sizzler with my brother and even he could see how bad my dad was getting. The next day we got a call telling us to bring him down to the hospital right away his kidney's were shutting down. I was beside myself and made sure my dad got a blessing before we left. Once up here they found he had gone septic and his kidney function was poor. My mom and I left that night and got some sleep then came back up and stayed in Orem with my aunt. We drove to the hospital every morning and although he was still coherent he was showing signs of going down hill. He was at a 38 and they usually transplant by a 35 so they were shocked he was still awake. He was so sick and it was scary. That next Thursday he was put on the transplant list and within hours they had four livers waiting for him. The next day he went in for surgery, an eleven hour surgery and let me tell you that was the longest eleven hours ever. Since it was so long they called us periodically to let us know how he was doing. Soon the call came that he had his new liver and it was already working!!!! Soon he was taken to ICU where we had a really long night he was struggling to breathe and was completely out of it so they put in a breathing tube. The whole week we were with him as he recovered then the day my mom and I were heading home they took his breathing tube out. He was asking about everyone and just in really high spirits. Over the past couple months it was constant hospital visits and then mom and I would come home to take care of the dogs then we head back to the hospital. In October they let him out of the hospital and he declined fast he fell a couple times always needed Oxygen and we were constantly having problems with his feeding tube. So we took him back to the hospital and he ended up in the ICU again. This time he improved much better and two days before Thanksgiving he came home back to Manti. His liver is functioning as well as a teenager and of last week his feeding tube came out and he is eating.
Sorry I couldn't keep you daily updated it was just a very crazy time but daily blogs will start coming again and I will keep you updated on his progress I love you all so much thanks for all the love and support it means so so much to me!!!!





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

My Thoughts On School