Before Dawn

My cousin brought my brother home for Christmas today he is studying Japanese and English at UVU. He is doing very well in collage and really seems to be enjoying it. I have finished all my Christmas shopping and had a lot of fun doing it I am a sucker for shopping for others I absolutely love it. We are planning to make Christmas cookies tomorrow and that is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. So that is pretty much all that is new on the news front. I'm working on my book most of the night I am on my second draft and it is a different book then I gave you the preview for this one is called Before Dawn. It is about a girl Ember who is forced to move in with her biological parents, her aunt, uncle and cousin and grandfather and soon discovers a guy Seth who is bound there by the curse and soon they fall in love and all hell breaks loose due to the warriors who are also bound by the curse as well and tries to destroy them. I decided that I wanted a non book series to be my first book to be published but don't worry The Rose is still in the works I haven't given up on it. So for a Christmas treat I will now right the preface to my new book Before Dawn.

                                                                      Preface
                                                                       Ember
Real crippling fear swam through my body. I never feared death the way other people did. No bucket list, no dying wishes. But now staring death right in the face I was terrified.
         Was this life worth living without him? The cold, hallow, bitter feeling surrounding and seeping into my heart. Maybe this whole thing was better, maybe it was worth it. Would being able to see Seth again hold him in my arms be worth my untimely death? Everything we had done every hug, every kiss, every moment past in front of my eyes in slow motion. The slush of bare feet against wet grass made me look up. Pannowa stepped closer to me but the fire prevented him from standing right in front of me.
        "I wanted to thank you." He said his black evil eyes glowed in the fire's light.
        "For what?" I hissed.
        He laughed.
        "For the wonderful gift of life for us to be born once again a new. Without you nothing would change your sacrifice will not be in vain." He answered.
        "Go to Hell!" I yelled.
        I knew in my heart of hearts I didn't deserve what was being done to me. It was not my destiny to die. Being sacrificed for the good of someone so evil.
        "Oh I'm already in Hell my darling." He said looking over at Mayya.
        She snapped and the fire dissipated leaving just the burnt grass in it's wake. All other signs that there had once been a fire was gone.
          Pannowa grabbed my arm with great force yanking me to my feet and leading me over to the alter, leading me to my death.
Okay so that is my sneak peak it's a work in progress but I am proud of it thank you all for reading and know I love you all!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

My Thoughts On School