My Dad

I have a cold but that didn't stop me from spending a wonderful day with my mom. We talked all morning and then we went shopping. I have been having a lot of problems with my knees so when I go to Walmart I rid in those wheelchair carts and my mom took a cart. So we ran into some friends then began shopping and we went over to get my cold medicine and the friends we saw earlier were there and informed us that mom had forgot her cart. We got a great laugh from that one, luckily we only had one item in it if someone had taken it but no one did. I got some new pajama's and a notebook!!! I am so excited.
So like I said in a status a bit ago I am going to talk about my dad and the hard journey we are going through with his cirrhosis of the liver.
It all started in February 2015 I had just had a knee surgery and was in the recovery stage. Well my mom, dad and I all caught the flu a bunch of throwing up and diarrhea was pretty miserable but the next day my mom and I were better and my dad seemed to be getting worse. Since I couldn't walk I spent my days on my computer watching movies on Netflix. Out of no where there was a crash. So I grabbed my crutches and headed out of my room to see my dad sitting on the floor he told me he just got light headed. So he got up and went to bed. A little bit later he had massive diarrhea so bad that it got all over his clothes and he had to take a shower. A little bit later I got a bloody nose and when my dad asked me if I was okay he sounded different. The thing about me is after surgery I have a hard time sleeping so I was still up when my mom called me. This time I just hobbled without my crutches and found my dad passed out over the tub. My mom and I talked for a bit and I decided I was going to call an ambulance because there was nothing we could do to help him not even my brother could lift him. So I went upstairs without my crutches which hurt but I was more concerned about my dad to care. The ambulance came and my dad kept waking up then passing out again over and over. Finally they got him to the hospital in Mount Pleasant and we promised him we would go up in the morning since it was 2:00 in the morning.  Then my mom got a call at 5:30 in the morning saying they were taking them to the ICU in Provo UVRMS hospital. So the next day we headed up north to be with him and it turned out that what we thought was diarrhea was actually blood they ended up having to give him 7 pints of blood 7 pints of plasma and 5 pints of platelets. He was in the hospital for about a week and they found out it was cirrhosis of the liver.
Since then he has been drained multiple times because water builds up in his stomach and honestly makes him look like he is pregnant. He has lost about 70 pounds and is now doing tests to get himself on the transplant list.
I am so proud of my dad for fighting as hard as he is and I believe he will make it and even though he has been sick this week he is so strong. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on what is going on with him.
Well that's all for tonight thank you all so much and I love you all talk to you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

My Thoughts On School