Sick Day

I am officially sick. I have a slight fever and a cold, I ache everywhere and can't seem to stop sleeping. So I am going to turn this into a good thing and tell you what I do to make myself feel better when I feel bad.

1: Keep Warm. The worst thing during a fever or the flu is shivering like crazy it just causes you more pain. So curl up in a blanket or take a nice warm bath to just keep your muscles to relax so that you can get better faster.

2: Stay Hydrated. The worst thing with the stomach flu especially is dehydration. It can be from just a really dry mouth to hospital serious. Soups are good for also keeping your sugar level balanced, and if you are throwing up then just drink broth if you are able to keep it down it will do the same as soup. The warmth will also clear up your chest if you have a really bad cough.

3: Plenty Of Sleep. This is the one I am struggling with now I just want to sleep all the time. When your body is trying so hard to fight away the germs it needs to mend. You can usually run on less sleep then is recommended but your body needs strength. So while curled up in your blanket just relax to let it run it's course.

4: Don't Panic. Most of us have plans during the week that being sick will mess up, but panicking just makes it harder to heal. I know as a child I would panic because I didn't want to throw up and ever since I got older and stopped being scared I never have the flu as long.

5: A Good Book Or Movie. I always either read, write or watch TV when sick because it distracts me from the discomfort of the nasty sickness. Right now I'm reading Matched by Ally Condie and at the moment I am watching Home Improvement staring Tim Allen.

6: Don't Be Afraid To Take Medicine. A lot of people don't like to take medicine and I totally get it but they are there to help you as long as you don't take to much. We have the gift of much better health help then people back in the day did so use it to your advantage.

7: The BRAT Diet. This one is after you have the stomach flu and you want to slowly introduce food into your stomach again start with bananas, rice, applesauce and toast gentle stuff with very low acid and don't be upset if you can't eat much it takes a while to completely heal.

8: Soothing Smells. Light candles with soothing smells that will keep you relaxed and sleepy it's soothing to do that when you aren't sick but it's even more soothing when you don't feel good.

9: Stay Home. A lot of people think they can just push through it now with a cold you can but it's not fair to everyone around you to get sick. If you have a fever or the stomach flu just stay home and rest if at all possible.

10: Be Polite: And lastly make sure if you have a cough or sneeze to cover up and help keep sickness at bay because we don't want a huge outbreak.

That's it now I'm going to get some rest to get better I will talk to you all tomorrow love you all so much!!!! Stay healthy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

My Thoughts On School